Zucchini spaghetti is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pasta. It’s a low-carb, gluten-free dish that’s packed with nutrients and flavor. This fresh zoodles with marinara recipe is a healthy weeknight meal.
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounces) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large sprig of basil
- 2 pounds zucchini*
- optional – ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh herbs
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the garlic and let it cook till it sizzles.
- Before the garlic browns, add the peeled tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano along with 1 cup of water. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and use a spoon to break apart the larger pieces of tomato.
- In the last 3 minutes of cooking the sauce, add the sprig of basil, leaving the end sticking out of the sauce so you can pull it out and discard it when the pasta is done cooking.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchini or ribbon it using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and when hot add half the zucchini noodles. Toss them to coat them in oil and allow them to cook for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and repeat cooking the remaining zucchini noodles.
- Serve the zucchini noodles topped with tomato sauce. Top with optional fresh herbs or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
*This was 4 medium zucchini for me.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 221TOTAL FAT: 18g
SATURATED FAT: 4g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 13g
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Leave a Reply