- 2 packed cups cooked spaghetti squash, from a 2.2 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, not grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup tomato-basil marinara sauce, or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- To quickly cook the spaghetti squash pierce it all over with a knife and microwave 5 minutes. Then continue to cook in 2 minute increments until the skin gives when pressed.
- Cut it open, remove the seeds and scrape the squash out with a fork.
- Place the cooked spaghetti squash in a clean cheesecloth or dish cloth and squeeze all the water out REALLY well.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spaghetti squash with the egg, mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano and garlic powder.
- Make 4 7-inch rounds on the prepared pan patting down so they are very thin, the thinner the crisper they will be.
- Spray the crust lightly with olive oil spray and bake for 15 minutes, until golden then carefully flip with a spatula. Bake 5 to 7 minutes more, until crisp.
PREPARE THE PIZZA:
- Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce on top of each baked crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza 3 to 4 minutes, or until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted.
The thinner you make the crust, the crispier it will be. I also found that parchment paper helped get the crust crisper than a Silpat.