10 Chicken Wings
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
3 ounces tallow
lemon wedges to serve
- Separate the wings, keeping the drumettes and the middle section. Discard the tip (you’ll now have 20 pieces)
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the chicken wings in the garlic powder, salt and pepper and allow to sit aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the tallow to a large non-stick frying pan and heat over medium to high heat.
- When the tallow has melted and is very hot, add the wing pieces and fry for 5 minutes.
- Turn the wing pieces over, place a lid on the pan and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn the wing pieces, cook without the lid for a further 5 minutes. Depending on the size of the wing pieces, they will be ready. To check if they are ready you can cut though one of the larger pieces and check if the flesh is cooked, or use a meat thermometer and ensure the temperature is above 70C/160F.
- Remove from the pan. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving: 5pieces | Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.4g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 154mg | Vitamin A: 150IU | Calcium: 0.1mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Course: Dinner, Lunch, Snacks
Cuisine: American, Australian, British
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 serves