A decadent low carb, gluten-free cake with layers of meringue, pastry cream and sugar-free chocolate ganache. Chocolate eclairs in cake formServings: 10 servings
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch*
- 2 tbsp butter cut into two pieces
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract
3/4 cup fine almond flour
1/3 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
4 egg whites room temperature
2 tbsp granulated Swerve Sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. On a large piece of parchment, trace three (3) 5×10 inch rectangles. Place parchment on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour and powdered sweetener.
- In a large, clean bowl, beat egg whites with granulated sweetener, vanilla extract, cream of tartar and salt until they just begin to hold stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in almond flour mixture until fully combined.
- Spread meringue mixture evenly onto each of the 3 traced rectangles. Bake 15 minutes, then turn off oven and prop open door with a wooden spoon. Leave inside until cool.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened but still pourable.
Peel one meringue layer carefully off parchment and lay on serving platter.
Spread with half of the pastry cream. Top with another layer of meringue and spread with remaining half of pastry cream. Top with final layer of meringue.
Pour ganache over top of cake and let drip down the sides.
Let set 1 hour before serving (you can refrigerate, but let it sit out 10 minutes before trying to cut, to soften ganache).
Serves 10. Each serving has 5 g of carbs and 2 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3 g.
Per serving: 281 Calories; 28g Fat (85.4% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 126mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium.