Keto-friendly take on chicken enchiladas without the tortillas. This casserole is easily customized by adding any ingredients you have on hand. Hubby loved it as part of our first week of ketogenic recipes. Makes great leftovers for lunch served cold or hot… a win-win! You can also add sliced olives, tomato, and lettuce, if you like.
Decrease Serving 4Increase Serving Adjust Original recipe yields 4 servings Ingredient Checklist
- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TO SHOPPING LIST
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking pan.
- Step 2
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Add taco seasoning; toss to coat. Transfer chicken into the prepared baking pan.
- Step 3
- Mix salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos together in a bowl and pour over the chicken.
- Step 4
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with Cheddar cheese. Continue baking until cheese melts, about 5 minutes more.
- Step 5
- Let casserole cool before cutting into pieces and garnishing with green onions.
You can use rotisserie chicken to save cooking time.
Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for the Cheddar cheese. Feel free to use green chiles in place of jalapenos. Either green or red salsa will work in this recipe.
Per Serving: 335 calories; protein 32.4g; carbohydrates 8.4g; fat 19.1g; cholesterol 105.9mg; sodium 641.6mg. Full Nutrition