- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped into medium chunks (roughly 3 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack is our favorite)
- In a medium size skillet brown your beef or turkey over medium heat, drain off any grease.
- Add the diced onion and sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes with green chili, tomato sauce, spices and stir well.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium cooking for 15-18 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese!
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1 heaping cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 240TOTAL FAT: 14.4gCARBOHYDRATES: 9gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 7.4gFIBER: 1.6gSUGAR: 3.7gPROTEIN: 18.9g