Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup is an incredible dish that will keep that entire family satisfied. Great for all occasions, delicious, & easy!
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total Time:40 minutes
- ▢2 tablespoon avocado oil
- ▢1 small onion chopped
- ▢2 cloves garlic minced
- ▢1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- ▢6 cups chicken broth
- ▢1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- ▢1 lb chicken thighs 3-4 thighs
- ▢1 tablespoon cumin
- ▢¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ▢1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ▢Salt and pepper to taste
- ▢One low carb tortilla toasted and cut into thin strips
- ▢Shredded cheddar cheese
- ▢Sour cream
- In a large saucepan heat the oil. Add the onions and cook until softened. Then, add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for another minute.
- Pour the chicken broth and tomatoes into the pot and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and add the chicken. Cook the chicken at a simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove it from the pot and cool for 5 minutes and then shred it. Set aside.
- Add the cumin, lime juice, and fresh cilantro to the soup. Add the chicken back to the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lime wedges, tortilla strips, avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
To Reheat: pour the soup into a pot and heat using low-medium heat. Stir often, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
To Freeze: add the soup to a freezer bag or container. It will last for 2-3 months in the freezer. It’s best to thaw the leftover soup in the fridge before reheating.
Substitutions: Swap the chicken thighs for chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 142 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg