Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1.5 lbs stew beef
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 scallion (green onions)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp ground crayfish substitute with 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 2 cups meat stock
- 2 cups water
- pinch of black pepper for browning the meat
- pinch of salt for browning the meat
- Chop the cabbage, scallions, garlic and bell pepper.
- Cut the beef into chunks if not already cut.
- Turn on the instant pot and switch to Saute mode.
- Add the olive oil, then add the beef.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir the beef till it is browned.
- Add the scallions and garlic and stir till softened.
- Add the red bell pepper, tomato paste, and all the spices.
- Pour in 2 cups of meat stock, and 2 cups of water.
- Press the manual mode on the Instant pot and set it to 45 minutes.
- After the instant pot counts down, do a quick release.
- Add more salt and spices if you desire.
- Add the cabbage and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This has 6 servings and 2 net carbs per serving.
- Brown the beef in batches if you have a smaller instant pot.
- Always leave the instant pot lid OFF when using the saute function.
- It will take 10 minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure when using the manual mode.
- Use a wooden spoon to switch the vent to the venting position for the quick release. Be careful not to get burned!
- If you want a slightly crunchier cabbage, only leave it for 5 minutes in the end.
- Calories: 238kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 181mg
- Potassium: 495mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 765IU
- Vitamin C: 35.4mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- Iron: 2.6mg