Meatball bakes are one of the first things I made when I started keto. I have a recipe here on the blog for a classic meatball bake made with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. I had it on the dinner menu one night a couple of weeks ago and decided to create a Mexican version of that dish.
(Idea: serve with side of cauliflower rice.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Cooked meatballs
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce, I use Las Palmas brand
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until combined.
- Shape into approximately 15 meatballs and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into bottom of small baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Place cooked meatballs into dish and top with remaining enchilada sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
NUTRITION (PER SERVING):
Makes 5 Servings
Net Carbs 3.7g
Related Recipes : Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Related Recipes : Keto Deep Dish Meat Lasagna
Related Recipes : Keto Chocolate Chip Bars