This is a recipe for Bang Bang Shrimp that is grain-free, low carb, keto-friendly and does not use added sugar. I include a quick recipe for the Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, an essential part of Bang Bang Sauce.
Prep: 10 minsCook: 10 minsReady in: 20 minsCuisine: American, Asian Course: Appetizer, Dinner Servings: Calories: 344kcal
Grain-free Breaded Shrimp
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Moon Cheese, Pepperjack
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large Eggs, beaten
- Oil for Frying
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
No-sugar Added Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Easy Keto Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives , optional for garnish
- Add baking powder, coconut flour, Moon Cheese, salt, and black pepper to a food processor
- Blend until the Moon Cheese becomes more like a flour/meal – there will be a few larger bits and that’s ok. Transfer to a shallow bowl so that you can bread the shrimp
- Dip each shrimp into the beaten egg then coat it with the breading mixture. Place the coated shrimp on a plate until all are coated
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees in a frying pan
- Fry the shrimp for approximately 1 minute per side then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate for draining
- Add ingredients for the No Sugar Added Bang Bang Sauce to a bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Place the breaded shrimp on a serving dish and top with the Bang Bang Sauce drizzle as well as the fresh chives.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 359mg | Sodium: 1736mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 3.3mg
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!