These chicken enchilada zucchini boats are one of my favorite recipes. I love the balance of spicy and creamy melted cheese.
Traditional chicken enchiladas are made with cooked and then pulled chicken. This would taste equally delicious but with ground chicken, you can save a couple of steps!
- Yield: 8 SERVINGS
- prep time: 10 MINUTES
- cook time: 1 HOUR
- total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- Seeking Good Eats taco seasoning mix (HERE)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated jack cheese (mozzarella is fine too)
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish with olive oil, butter, or nonstick spray.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini.
- Place zucchini in the baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes until zucchini are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While zucchini are baking, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken until done (chicken is done when it is no longer pink).
- Mix in Seeking Good Eat’s Copy Cat Taco Seasoning mix (HERE) with water, stirring until combined.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, queso fresco, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of the jack cheese to the cooked chicken. Stir until combined and cream cheese is melted.
- Cover and keep mixture warm until zucchini are done baking.
Assemble and Bake
- Once zucchini are done baking, remove from oven and spoon warm chicken mixture into each boat.
- Top with remaining green enchilada sauce and then the remaining 1 cup of jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings – sour cream, salsa verde, avocado, and cilantro are my favorites!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 352TOTAL FAT: 26gSATURATED FAT: 11gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 12gCHOLESTEROL: 108mgSODIUM: 551mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 23g