This low carb, keto-friendly taco pie will satisfy your cravings for Mexican food. Make this dish for a quick dinner the entire family will love!
- Prep Time10 mins
- Cook Time45 mins
- Total Time55 mins
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free
- ▢0.83 pound ground beef
- ▢6.67 large eggs
- ▢1.67 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ▢0.56 cup heavy whipping cream
- ▢0.21 cup chopped green onion plus more for garnish if desired
- ▢3.33 oz canned diced green chilis
- ▢0.21 cup salsa
- ▢1.04 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a skillet over medium high heat and cook until the beef is completely browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Place the taco seasoning in the skillet with the beef and stir to combine.
- Layer the taco meat in the bottom of a well-greased pie pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, green onions, green chilis, salsa and one cup of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat in the pie pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions before serving if desired.
This taco pie recipe is best enjoyed fresh from the oven. However, if you have leftovers they can be covered in foil and placed in the fridge and stored for up to 3 days.