This Green Chile Chicken is the perfect easy and flavorful low carb meal. It is loaded with tender chicken, tangy green chiles, the perfect amount of southwestern spices and finished off with cheese!PREP TIME:10 minutesCOOK TIME:40 minutesTOTAL TIME:50 minutesSERVES:8 servingsCALORIES:253 AUTHOR:KimberPRINTPIN THISREVIEW RECIPE
- ▢3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- ▢1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ▢1 4 oz can chopped green chilis I prefer Old El Paso
- ▢1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- ▢1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ▢1/4 tsp cumin
- ▢1/4 tsp salt
- ▢1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper until combined. Then stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the green chili mixture. Then top with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Serve hot over sautéed spinach or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Find my crockpot version of Green Chile Chicken here!
Dietary Considerations:This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and friendly for keto diets.Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.©2018 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at: https://www.thepinningmama.com/green-chili-chicken-bake-recipe/For more great easy dinner inspiration,sign up for our emails here!
Serving: 4oz chicken plus toppingsCalories: 253kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 2g (1%)Protein: 26g (52%)Fat: 16g (25%)Saturated Fat: 8g (50%)Polyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 98mg (33%)Sodium: 439mg (19%)Potassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 1g (1%)Vitamin A: 0IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE