- Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded and membranes removed (use gloves)
- 3 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 large scallions, green part only, sliced
- 1/2 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped scallions and cilantro, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sour cream plus 2 teaspoons water, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with oil. Add onion, cilantro and garlic and saute about 2 minutes, until soft. Add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through breaking it up with a spoon. Add the tomato paste and water, mix well and simmer on medium for about 2 to 3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl. Using a small spoon or a spatula, spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese filling into the peppers.
- Arrange in a single layer, cut-side up close together. Bake until soft, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top with meat and cheese and bake until melted, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and top with pico de gallo, olives and drizzle with sour cream. Garnish with cilantro and scallions and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply