Pizza bowls are a delicious low-carb alternative to traditional pizza that are packed with all the flavors you love in a pizza, minus the crust. This recipe is made with a sugar-free pizza sauce, melted mozzarella cheese, and toppings such as sliced mushrooms, Italian sausage meat, and salami slices.
Cuisine: North American
Diet: Gluten Free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- ▢2 cups pizza sauce sugar free
- ▢2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ▢1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ▢½ cup Italian sausage meat
- ▢½ cup salami slices
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage and mushrooms until brown.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Put ¼ cup pizza sauce into each of four oven safe bowls
- Divide the sausage and mushroom mixture between the four bowls.
- Top each bowl with ¼ cup of cheese
- Spread the remaining sauce over each bowl
- Spread the salami slices over the sauce
- Top each bowl with the remainder of the cheese
- Bake until the cheese melts and begins to turn slightly golden brown
- Use oven safe bowls or ramekins for individual pizza bowls, or you can do the whole recipe in a casserole dish, which allows for serving larger portions.
- The sauce can bubble up so it helps to put the bowls on a rimmed baking sheet before going into the oven.
- You can use a microwave-safe bowl to cook this recipe in the microwave for approximately 5 minutes.
- Make ahead: these bowls are great for making ahead. Just assemble, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the fridge until you want to bake them.
- Remember that the actual bowls, as well as their contents, will be hot when they come out of the oven. Allow the bowls to cool a little and use caution when handling them.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1530mg | Potassium: 653mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 909IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 2mg