Serves: 10 keto pizza bites
- 1 cup, almond flour, 112g (see my tips on why you may want to start with less flour, say 85g and add more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/16 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, room temperature, whisked
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella, 140g/5oz (see my tips on choosing your mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, 30g
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped green peppers
- 2 tbsp chopped green olives (optional)
- 2 tbsp garlic butter, melted, 30g
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 375*F.
- In a bowl, whisk together your crust dry ingredients including; almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, spices, salt and pepper.
- In another microwavable bowl, add your shredded mozzarella and microwave for 30s at a time, stirring in-between until fully melted. (It takes me about 1min total but I have quite a terrible microwave, lol so yours may take less time).
- Once the mozzarella is well-melted, add your whisked egg and mix (it’s okay if these two don’t fully combine).
- Add your dry ingredients and mix again until a thick dough starts to form.
- Use your hands as the dough comes together to continue mixing the mozzarella with the rest of the ingredients. You’ll need to knead the dough for a couple minutes to get it to blend together. If you are still having difficulty blending the mozzarella with the other ingredients, see my tips above to help you out!
- Once you can form a pretty even dough ball, transfer it to two large greased pieces of parchment or wax paper.
- Roll the dough out to be thin but still sturdy enough that you can easily bend and fold it without breaking it (see photo).
- Use a glass, greased with oil and with a large opening to cut circles out of the dough.
- Place a small amount of your pizza fillings into the center of each circle, then pinch the dough into a ball and do your best to seal all the edges. Repeat this process for the rest of the dough, re-rolling the scraps when needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pinched side of each finished pizza bite facing down.
- Brush the keto pizza bites with half of the melted garlic butter and sprinkle 1 tbsp of the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for ~25-29min or until the crust becomes golden brown in colour.
- Brush the baked pizza bites with the rest of the garlic butter and sprinkle the other tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm with a side of marinara, ranch or pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy your Low Carb Keto Pizza Bites
Nutrition for 1/10th of recipe (1 pizza bite): 147 calories | 11.8g fat | 1.4g NET carbs | 6.9g protein | 1.2g fiber
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Leave a Reply