This Keto Mushroom Pasta recipe boasts a creamy garlic infused sauce with chunks of mushrooms and notes of thyme. Sautéed sliced garlic adds crunch and additional garlic goodness. We created this keto-friendly pasta recipe with hearts of palm pasta. Using this pasta keeps the recipe low carb, gluten-free, and diabetic-friendly.
Prep Time: 10minutes
- 9 ounces hearts of palm pasta linguini shaped (other cooked low carb pasta may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled, one sliced, one crushed
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 ounces red onion diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh thyme (optional–for garnish)
- Place palm pasta in a colander, rinse with cool water and allow to drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat. When hot, add sliced garlic. Cook, while stirring, until slightly brown. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon or spatula. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms and red onion to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until edges are brown and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the dried thyme, red pepper flakes, and crushed clove of garlic. Cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the white wine vinegar to the pan. Cook, scraping up browned bits, until vinegar consistency becomes slightly syrupy. Stir in heavy whipping cream and cheese. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Stir in noodles and simmer a few minutes to heat through. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. (I used about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.) Stir in fresh parsey leaves.
- Serve pasta with browned garlic and fresh thyme leaves sprinkled on top.
Keto Mushroom Pasta
Amount Per Serving
Calories 335Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Net Carbs: 6g