These are a GAME CHANGER! While the low-carb wheat tortillas might be an issue for some keto dieters, my family loved them and I like to use them occasionally in recipes! If you’re missing soft flour tortillas, Keto Mexican Chimichangas are a nice change of pace and seriously delicious.
- 2 low carb tortillas
- (cooked & warm) 2/3 cup cooked taco seasoned ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided (Prefer Mexican blend cheese.)
- Four Tbsp. red enchilada sauce
Grab Free Meal Plan From Here: KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon One tbsp. shredded cheese, One tbsp. salsa, and 1/3 cup taco seasoned meat to each tortilla, down the center. Fold the sides in, and (wrap) into a burrito.
- To medium heat, heat coconut oil, in a pan on the stove. Add the burritos, and on all sides, pan fry for Thirty to Sixty seconds, until slightly crispy and browned. Drain on a covered plate(paper towel).
- Transfer to an oven(safe pan). With remaining shredded cheese, and 2 tbsp. of enchilada sauce, top each.
- For about 5 minutes, bake in the oven until cheese is melted. Serve warm. One chimichanga per serving size.
Yield: 2 servings,
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
10g Total Carbs
5g Net Carbs