Course: BreakfastCuisine: American Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes Servings: 8 tortillas Calories: 195kcal
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoon psyllium husks Not psyllium husk powder * See notes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup warm water not boiling ** See notes
- In a large mixing bowl, add your almond flour, psyllium husks, and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add your olive oil and warm water and mix well, until completely combined. Let sit for a minute.
- Gently knead the dough several times, and form a ball of dough. Place the dough on a lightly floured kitchen surface.
- Cut the dough into 4 large or 8 small pieces. Get one piece of dough and place a piece of parchment paper on top. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until thin and flat. Get a large dinner plate or small appetiser plate and place on top of the dough. Using a knife, cut around the edges so you are left with a tortilla.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium and lightly grease. Place the tortilla on top and cook for 2-3 minutes, before flipping and cooking for a further two minutes. Repeat until all the tortillas are cooked.
https://bdea2f3a9836d38a22101c96563adad8.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html* This must be whole psyllium husks, not the powder form.** Warm tap water, not hot.TO STORE: Leftover tortillas can be stored in the refrigerator, covered in paper towel AND plastic wrap. The paper towel ensures it stays soft and fluffy, and less resistant to becoming dry. Tortillas will keep well for up to 5 days. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before using. TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in ziplock bags, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight. Recipe loosely adapted from here.
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Leave a Reply