This keto grilled cheese is a low carb sandwich that tastes like the classic! Buttery and crunchy on the outside, it’s loaded with gooey melted cheese in the middle!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Servings: 1 servings
- Calories: 375kcal
- 2 slices keto bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 slice tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp salt flaky sea salt
- Place the slices of bread on a flat surface. Add butter to one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Add the slices of cheese to the non-buttered side of the bread. Add the grated mozzarella cheese. Place the second non-buttered side of the bread on top.
- Lighty grease a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the sandwich onto the pan and let it sizzle, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes. Press down using a spatula and if cheese begins to ooze out, the grilled cheese is done.
- Remove the grilled cheese sandwich off the pan and sprinkle with the flaky sea salt. Slice in half and serve.
* Either homemade keto bread or a packaged keto white bread (like Thin slims bread).TO MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare up to 5 days’ worth of sandwiches in advance (pre-grilling). Simply prepare and place them all on a plate or tray and cover with plastic or saran wrap. When ready to grill, simply remove the sandwich and place it on a greased non-stick pan and cook them.
TO FREEZE: Wrap the prepared non-grilled sandwiches in parchment paper then place them in individual zip lock bags and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before grilling.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 29g | Sodium: 1040mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 8g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Calcium: 347mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 7g