This easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap is loaded with sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, grilled chicken and a heavy dose of tangy buffalo sauce! Less than three net carbs per wrap!
There is something about a loaded lettuce wrap that I find so satisfying! I love the crunch from iceberg lettuce and when they are packed with the right ingredients they can be ultra healthy and filling! This Keto Turkey Club Wrap and Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap are two of my favorites. It is loaded with protein and flavor, and can be put together in just a few minutes!
This is the perfect recipe for an easy lunch or a satisfying dinner! These are delicious served with my favorite Crispy Green Bean Fries, or this low carb Cheesy Bread!
What ingredients do you need for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cooked Chicken, Grilled or Shredded
- Cooked Bacon
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce
How do you make Keto Buffalo Chicken Wraps?
Begin by laying a square of wax or parchment paper on your surface. This is important because lettuce wraps can be rather flimsy and it helps to stabilize the wrap so none of your delicious fillings fall out. Using 2-3 lettuce leaves create a “tortilla” make sure the leaves overlap so they create a solid base.
Then add a slice of sharp cheddar cheese right in the center. You can also use Swiss or pepper jack if you want to try different flavors. Top the cheese with the sliced chicken. I like to use my favorite Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken.
Place the cooked bacon on top of the chicken and then drizzle with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Then using your paper to help you wrap your lettuce wrap just like a burrito. When finished your wrap should be encased in your wax paper just like the photo below. When ready to eat just slice down the center!
Are buffalo chicken wraps good for meal prep?
Yes! This is an especially great recipe for easy low carb meal prep because the chicken and the bacon can be cooked ahead of time. If you do this you can prepare your wrap in under 5 minutes!
Also, if you use the wax paper method listed above your wrap will hold securely making it perfect for an easy work lunch. Just pair with other low carb sides like salted almonds, or cucumbers and ranch for a perfect keto lunch! You can even pop in a slice of my favorite keto fudge for dessert!
What kind of lettuce is best for buffalo chicken lettuce wraps?
This is a common question. Lettuce wraps can be incredibly refreshing and provide a very satisfying crunch, but not all lettuce is created equal. Depending on the kind of lettuce wrap you are preparing you may find certain types of lettuce fit your needs better.
- Iceberg Lettuce: nice crunch, inexpensive but a little harder to roll
- Romaine Lettuce: some crunch, easier to roll
- Butter Lettuce: little to no crunch, but holds fillings well
Tips for the best Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Chicken- there are several different types of chicken you can add to these wraps to make them your own! You can use a blackened chicken breast, shredded chicken or chipotle ranch chicken to give these wraps a kick!
- Cheese- if you prefer more spice to your wrap, add in a pepper jack, sriracha cheese or habanero blend! You could also use swiss, mozzarella, cheddar, american, gouda or muenster.
- Bacon- I prefer my bacon to have a nice crispiness to it so it really brings this wrap together.
How many carbs are in a keto chicken wrap?
Wraps are a great way to cut carbs! The flavors go so great with the tortilla, you won’t even miss the bread! One of these delicious and filling wraps is only 2.9 total carbs with 0.2 grams of fiber, making the net carbs only 2.7 grams total!
What are some other easy low carb wraps?
Lettuce wraps are inexpensive, healthy and an easy go to recipe for lunch or dinner. Some of my favorite lettuce wraps include:
- Thai Chopped Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Turkey Club Wrap
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Keto BLT Wraps
- This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken is great in a lettuce wrap as well
- 2-3 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- Tear a 12 inch square of wax paper to use as your base.
- Place 2-3 lettuce leaves in the center of the paper so they slightly overlap creating a solid barrier.
- Add sliced cheddar cheese in the center. Top with chicken, bacon and drizzle with the buffalo sauce and ranch.
- Use the wax paper to help you wrap it tightly like a burrito.
- Slice down the center when ready to eat.
SERVING SIZE: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 549TOTAL FAT: 41.2gCARBOHYDRATES: 2.9gFIBER: 0.2gPROTEIN: 39.3g