Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Additional Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups turnip, peeled and cubed
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups kale, finely chopped, tough stems removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Turn on the sauté function of the Instant Pot. Cook the chopped bacon until it’s crispy, which should take about 3-5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the Instant Pot, and drain off all the excess grease except for 1 tablespoon.
- Add the ground Italian sausage and brown it while breaking it up as it cooks. Once it’s browned, add the minced garlic and chopped onion, and sauté until they are soft. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cubed turnip, and broth.
- Secure the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes. After the cooking cycle ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the finely chopped kale and heavy cream. Stir the soup well, and the kale will wilt and cook through as you stir.
- Stir in the cooked bacon and parmesan (if desired) just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 528
- Total Fat: 43g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Net Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 26.5g
Enjoy this quick and delicious Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana, a keto-friendly and low-carb soup with just 6.4g of net carbs per serving!