Just a great breakfast casserole, and it’s super easy to make !Course Breakfast Cuisine American Keyword breakfast, casserole, farmer’s Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 50 minutes Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes Servings 12 servings Calories 268
This low carb breakfast casserole is hearty and filling, because it’s packed full of protein from the sausage, bacon, and eggs. Add in any vegetables or meat you like!
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s red hot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, crumbling as it cooks. Drain grease and set aside.
- Dice the bacon into bite-sized chunks and cook in a large skillet, stirring often, until crisp. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the milk. Whisk together until well combined.
- Stir in the sausage, bacon, cheddar, onion, pepper, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
To keep this a bit lower in carbs, swap in 1/4 cup of heavy cream + 1/4 cup of water for the milk. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives, as desired .
Nutrition Facts Low Carb Breakfast Casserole Amount Per Serving Calories 425Calories from Fat 315% Daily Value*Total Fat 35g54%Saturated Fat 13g65%Cholesterol 236mg79%Sodium 811mg34%Potassium 298mg9%Total Carbohydrates 3g1%Sugars 1gProtein 21g42%Vitamin A15.9%Vitamin C16.5%Calcium18%Iron8.6%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE