• 6-8 boneless chicken thighs, skinless or with skin
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 t garlic powder
• 1/2 t crushed red chili pepper flakes, or Cayenne (optional)
• 1/2 t paprika
• 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
• 1 t Italian seasoning
• 1/2 stick butter, diced
• Zest of half a lemon
• Juice of one lemon
• 1/3 C low sodium chicken broth
Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish
Place chicken thighs at the bottom of your slow cooker. Combine 1/3 cup chicken broth, lemon juice, and zest, and pour over chicken thighs. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red chili pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken thighs. Top with fresh minced garlic and diced butter.
Cover the crockpot and cook the chicken thighs for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.
Sprinkle chicken with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon slices
Leave a Reply