Course: Breakfast, Main Course, Snack
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 chaffles
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Colby Jack, shredded cheese finely shredded; any type of shredded cheese may be used
- ½ cup cauliflower rice fresh or frozen. Do NOT defrost if using frozen, but break up any hard clumps before measuring.
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, Italian seasoning or other spice of choice. OPTIONAL
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Note: The instructions assume you are using a mini waffle maker, like the Dash. See notes if you’re using a regular-sized or Belgian waffle maker.
- Stir egg, shredded cheese, and cauliflower rice together in a small bowl. Stir in any seasonings you decided to use too. It will be on the thick side.
- Open the waffle iron and mist it with cooking spray. Transfer about ¼ cup of batter into the bottom. Use a silicone spatula to spread the batter to the edge of the well for a clean edge.Note: this recipe yields 2 to 3 chaffles depending upon the size of the cauliflower crumbles and how thick you spread the batter.
- Allow the chaffle to cook for about 4 minutes or until the steam no longer escapes from the sides of the waffle maker. Remove with silicone tongs.
- Repeat with remaining batter. The chaffles will continue to crisp and firm up for a few minutes after you remove them
You’ll find more expert tips and step-by-step pictures above!
- Different Waffle Maker – If using a different type of waffle maker then follow the directions for your appliance. The general process works the same way.
- Store – Place Chaffles in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in a toaster or air fryer until crispy
- Calories: 171kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
- Sodium: 243mg
- Potassium: 192mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 447IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- Iron: 1mg