There’s never a bad time to eat irresistibly decadent ham and cheese sliders. These party-friendly sandwiches boast buttery rolls that surround savory deli meat, melted Swiss cheese, and sharp, spicy Dijon mustard.
Whether you’re feeding a large crowd or a family of four, these perfectly delicious oven-baked sliders are a surefire way to make it a celebratory occasion. Our community of home cooks gives this easy recipe high marks for flavor and fun factor.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Sliders are the little sandwiches that shine as a starter or main course. Mini sandwich rolls (Hawaiian sweet rolls are a popular choice) are coated with a mixture of butter, Dijon mustard, and dried minced onion before being layered with ham and cheese.
The result is gooey, tangy, and wholly satisfying sliders that will appeal to every kind of eater. You can opt in or out of the poppy seeds, but they do add a great crunch to the soft, melty texture.
What to Eat With Ham and Cheese Sliders
These super savory baked sandwiches make an excellent appetizer or main dish. Serve them along with other small bites like chips and dip, nuts, and fresh fruit for an impressive starter course. Make sliders the centerpiece of your meal by pairing them with sides like grilled asparagus, pasta salad, or roasted potatoes.
How to Store Ham and Cheese Sliders
Properly stored sliders can last up to two days in the refrigerator. When it’s time to reheat, simply cover the ham and cheese sandwiches and bake at 350 degrees F until warmed thoroughly.
Ham and cheese sliders can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 6 months. Allow slides to thaw overnight before baking.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise
“Everyone loved them!” raves Dining Diva. “I used cherrywood ham, cheddar cheese, and everything bagel topping instead of just poppy seeds. Followed the advice of covering with foil half of the cooking time.”
“Very tasty and easy to make,” says Allstar SunnyDaysNora. “I left out the poppy seeds as I realized too late that I was out. I used Swiss cheese as written on half of the sandwiches and American cheese on the other for my daughter. Definitely a keeper!”
“Wish I could give this 10 stars,” shares home cook Macy. “These are off the chart good. Wonderful eaten hot or cold. Couldn’t stop eating these things.”
Editorial contributions by Rai Mincey
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 mini sandwich rolls
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion. Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish. Layer about half the ham onto the rolls. Arrange the Swiss cheese over the ham, and top with remaining ham slices in a layer. Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Pour the mustard mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE