yield: 4 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 25 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
Enjoy Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Avocado Salsa for an easy weeknight meal! This low carb dish contains just 3 net carbs per serving and is ready in under 30 minutes!No RatingsPRINT
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- 4 chicken breast*
- 8 slices bacon*
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped avocado (about 1 large)
- 1-2 tablespoons green onions OR cilantro (personal preference)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (add more based on your personal preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl. Generously rub both sides of the chicken breast in the spices so they are completely covered.
- Take a piece of bacon and carefully stretch it as far as you can without breaking it. This helps the bacon cook evenly and reduces how much it will shrink as it cooks. After stretching the bacon carefully wrap it around the chicken. If you are using large breasts this will likely take two slices, if you are using small breast it may only require one.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and sear the bacon wrapped chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Move the chicken to the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until it reaches 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
- Allow the chicken to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile combine the avocado salsa ingredients.
*Because chicken breast and bacon slices can vary wildly you may need 1 or 2 slices of bacon. If you use a large chicken breast you will likely need 2 slices, if you are using small, you may only need one. Nutrition information below is caluclated based on using 2 slices of bacon per breast.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1 bacon wrapped chicken breast + 1/2 cup salsa
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 443TOTAL FAT: 31gCHOLESTEROL: 119mgSODIUM: 504mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6.9gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.1gFIBER: 3.8gSUGAR: 1.9gPROTEIN: 34g