* 4 oz pork sausage
* ½ cup onion, chopped
* ½ cup green peppers, chopped
* ¾ cups almond flour
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Saute sausage, onions and peppers until the sausage is browned and the vegetable soft. Take off heat and let cool.
3. In the meantime add almond flour, salt, pepper and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
4. In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add ½ cup of the cheese. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
5. Add cooled sausage mixture and mix to combine.
6. Place a big spoonful of mixture onto the parchment paper as you would to make cookies. Dough is sticky so try to use the spoon as well you can.
7. Press down gently on each cookie to flatten a little. Sprinkle remainingcheese on top and bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
The nutrition information for 1 cookie is127 cals / 8.9g fat / 3.3g carbs / 0.4g fiber / 8.2g protein = net carbs 2.9g