Our healthy take on traditional fish and chips is the perfect midweek dinner
- 3/4 cup firmly packed coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 kilogram kumara (orange sweet potato), cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 200g firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, extra
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan- forced). Oil a 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Blend or process the coriander leaves, 2 tablespoons of oil, juice, garlic and spices until smooth.
- 3Combine spice paste, stock and kumara in prepared dish. Roast for 20 minutes.
- 4Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, rind and remaining oil in a small bowl; season. Press mixture onto fish.
- 5Remove dish from oven. Place fish on top of kumara; roast, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until kumara is golden and fish is just cooked through. Sprinkle with extra coriander. Serve with lemon cheeks, if desired.