This keto shrimp coconut curry will totally blow your mind on how delicious and easy it is to make. Made with a delightful ethnic blend of spices, this curry recipe bursts with flavors that will make your taste buds squeal with joy!
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- parsley or cilantro to garnish
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Rub the shrimps with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Fry onions, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add cumin, curry, cinnamon and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp with the marinade.
- Let it cook till shrimp is done (approximately 10 mins).
- If it gets too thick and the shrimp is not yet done, add about ¼ cup of water.
- Taste for salt and add more if desired.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve over cauliflower rice.
This recipe contains 4 servings and 2 net carbs per serving.
- If the shrimp is not yet cooked and the sauce is getting too thick, add about ¼ cup of water. Add just a little bit at a time.
- If your curry ends up a bit watery, mix 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of water, and pour it into the curry to thicken it. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Related Recipes: Chocolate Eclair Cake – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Related Recipes : Keto Spaghetti Squash Lasagna