Keto Potstickers are a delightful low-carb twist on the classic Asian dumplings. Traditionally made with a wheat-based wrapper, this keto-friendly version replaces it with a flavorful and pliable dough using low-carb ingredients. Filled with a savory mixture and pan-fried to perfection, these potstickers make for a delicious appetizer or main course while keeping your carbohydrate intake in check. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Keto Potstickers Recipe:
Ingredients: For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
For the filling:
- 1 lb ground pork (or your choice of protein)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Optional: chopped green onions or sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, and salt for the dough. Mix well.
- Gradually add the hot water to the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms. Knead the dough with your hands until it becomes smooth and pliable. Set it aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, prepare the filling by combining the ground pork (or protein of your choice), chopped cabbage, green onions, minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, salt, and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll it out into a thin circle on a clean surface dusted with coconut flour. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place a spoonful of the filling mixture in the center of each rolled-out dough circle. Fold the dough in half, forming a half-moon shape, and pinch the edges to seal the potstickers. Continue until all the dough and filling are used.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of cooking oil or ghee.
- Place the potstickers in the skillet, flat side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into the skillet and immediately cover it with a lid. Steam the potstickers for about 5-6 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Remove the lid and let the potstickers cook for an additional minute to crisp up the bottoms.
- While the potstickers are cooking, prepare the dipping sauce by mixing soy sauce (or tamari), rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Serve the potstickers hot with the dipping sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds if desired.