Servings: 12 cookies Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 12 minutes Total Time: 17 minutes
- 1 cup smooth and drippy cashew butter (see notes)
- 1 large egg (see notes)
- 2/3 cup granulated sweetener of choice (erythritol or monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar-free candy buttons (use these only)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except for the candy buttons, and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, fold through the candy at the end.
- Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge. Form 12 balls of dough and place them on the lined sheet, 1-2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- You can use any drippy/smooth nut or seed butter of your choice.
- If you’d like to make this without eggs, use 3-4 tablespoons of ground chia seed. Start with 3 tablespoons and add a fourth if needed.
- You can use chocolate chips or some red/green mix-ins, like cranberries and pistachios.
- For those with allergies or dietary preferences, consider using alternative nut or seed butter.
- To make this recipe egg-free, substitute eggs with ground chia seed.
How to Store Cookies:
To store: Leftover cookies will keep well at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 1 week. You can refrigerate them if you’d like to store them for longer.
To freeze: Place cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Serving: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 131 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Potassium: 122mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Vitamin A: 23IU
- Calcium: 12mg
- Iron: 1mg
- NET CARBS: 3g