prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
These Keto Chili Cheese Dogs have everything you love about this classic, without the carbs! Easy, low carb, and gluten-free!
For the Keto Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package (6 count) hot dogs or smoked sausage links
- 1 egg white beaten for egg wash to brush on top
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
11/2 cups keto chilli (1/4 cup per chilli cheese dog)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (heaping tablespoon per chili dog)
For the Pigs in a Blanket
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30-second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheeses so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix into the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined, add in a beaten egg white and stir well.
- Using your hands, work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into it (no streaks of egg whites visible). If the dough seems too wet just add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right.
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Slice the dough into 6 strips.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dogs, overlapping slightly.
- Lastly, brush with an egg white and bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of Keto Chili and 1 heaping tablespoon of shredded cheddar over each Pig in a Blanket.
How many Carbs are in Keto Chili Cheese Dogs?
in an effort to be as exact as possible I calculated the nutrition with 1 Keto Pig in a Blanket, combined with 1/4 cup of Keto Chili and 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar. This comes to 3.8 net carbs, however you must add the nutrition for the sausage or hot dog you use for the pigs in a blanket.
I did not include that in the nutrition because depending on the brand you buy these can vary greatly from 0-4 carbs per hot dog. So, simply check for the lowest carb option at the grocery and add that to the information I have provided. The sausage I used has 1 net carb each, so this recipe comes to 4.8 net carbs per chili cheese dog for me.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1 Chili Cheese Dog (calculated WITHOUT the hot dog/sausage so add the net carbs of the hot dog you use)
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 193TOTAL FAT: 9gCHOLESTEROL: 30.8mgSODIUM: 371mgCARBOHYDRATES: 5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.8gFIBER: 1.2gSUGAR: 2.2gPROTEIN: 16.5g