These Christmas tree cupcakes are a delightful treat, perfect for holiday celebrations. Shaped like cones and adorned with green frosting and colorful sprinkles, they’re sure to be a favorite, especially among kids. These Christmas tree cupcakes are not only festive but also easy to decorate, making them suitable for even little hands.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
For the Icing:
- 2 Cups (300 grams) Crème Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons (50 grams) Powdered Sugar substitute
- Natural Green Food Coloring
For the Cupcake Recipe:
- Optional: Small Strawberries or any other berries
- Begin by preparing your cupcakes. You can find the full recipes for easy cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes on the site. Choose the one that suits your preference. Once baked, place the cupcakes on a cooling rack to allow them to cool completely, which will help the frosting hold.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whisk together the cream cheese and sweetener in a medium bowl, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Once you have a smooth frosting, add green food coloring and mix until you achieve the desired hue. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a small star-end tip, close the top, and place it in the refrigerator for an hour to allow the frosting to harden.
- Retrieve your frosting from the refrigerator. Pipe a tiny dot in the center of a cooled cupcake and attach a strawberry onto the cupcake. Begin piping small star dots from the base of the cupcake around the strawberry. Continue to pipe the frosting in a circular motion, creating a second layer above it. Keep piping until the entire strawberry is covered, forming a tree. Decorate the tree with sprinkles.
- For a natural green color, you can use matcha, spinach, or spirulina powder.
- Cupcakes should be thoroughly cooled before decorating.
- You can prepare sprinkles in advance and mix your favorite colors.
- For the sweetener, it’s best to use powdered sugar or icing sugar. If you don’t have one at home, a coffee grinder or food processor can quickly powder any sweetener.
How to Freeze:
If you want to freeze these Christmas tree cupcakes, here’s how:
- After decorating the cupcakes, place them on a baking sheet and freeze until the frosting hardens.
- Once the frosting is firm, transfer the cupcakes to an airtight container or a ziplock bag, ensuring they are well-separated and won’t stick together.
- Label the container with the date and any other relevant information.
- Store the cupcakes in the freezer for up to three months.
- When ready to enjoy, simply thaw the cupcakes in the refrigerator for a few hours or at room temperature for quicker thawing.
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 95
- Total Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g