EASY KETO BANITSA is a popular Bulgarian treat, a simple and delicious way to make the low-carb version of it. Super delicious low carb treat, that could be served as a dinner, for breakfast, lunch, or appetizer. No carbs!
WHAT IS BANITSA?
Banitsa is a Balkan dish, but I can tell you about its Bulgarian version as I was born in Bulgaria.
Made by layering a combination of beaten eggs and bits of cheese amongst filo pastry, then baked in the oven, this tasty dish is a traditional Bulgarian pastry. Either sweet or savory, there are other variations of the recipe.
HOW TO MAKE KETO BANITSA?
Minimal carbs are the most important rule for Keto recipes. Substitute with mozzarella cheese and cream cheese, it is pretty simple.
While As tolled banitsa, this Keto banitsa does not have the same exact texture, made with filo dough, the taste of it is pretty close to the real thing.
It melts in your mouth, so cheesy and flavorful.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 oz 80 grams melted butter
- 4 oz 120 grams shredded mozzarella
- (cut into very small pieces) 1 oz 30 grams cream cheese,
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz 60 grams Feta cheese
- Sesame seeds for topping
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Using a whisk ( no mixer needed), beat eggs in a bowl.
- Whisking to incorporate, slowly add the melted butter.
- Stir to combine, and add the cheeses (cream, feta, and mozzarella cheese). Then add the baking powder and whisk.
- With bitter and pour the mixture inside, grease a baking dish(8×8 -inch square). (optional)Top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for TWENTY minutes, until it gets golden.
- Inside the pan, let it cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut into pieces and serve.
- For up to THREE days, keep it in the fridge.
Saturated Fat: 7g,
Trans Fat: 1g,
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g,
Monounsaturated Fat: 3g,
Vitamin A: 372%,
Calcium: 98%, Iron: 1%
Related Recipes : Lemon and Blueberry Keto Cheesecake Fluff
Related Recipes : Keto Zucchini Enchilada Boats
Related Recipes : Keto Cinnamon Rolls