This hearty steak chili recipe is the perfect satisfying dinner that is ready in about 30 minutes! Loaded with perfectly cooked steak, this comfort food stays low carb even with beans! Super easy to make and loaded with all the flavors, this low carb chili recipe will be a hit!
- 1 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ Pounds Sirloin Steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ Onion, diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 28 Ounces Canned fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 15 Ounces Canned black Soy Beans, drained and rinsed (or bean of choice)
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat. Stir in steak, season with salt and pepper, and cook steak until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pot to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, beef broth, and spices. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and cook the spices for a few minutes.
- Stir in the already cooked steak, crushed tomatoes, and beans. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with cheddar cheese and sour cream if desired.
- Be sure to cut your steak into bite sized pieces for easier eating. No one wants to have to eat low carb chili with a fork and knife!
- Use a large dutch oven so you can brown all of the meat in one or two batches. I like my large oval dutch oven for this.
- Smoked paprika really gives an amazing flavor to this low carb steak chili. You can usually find it in most large grocery stores.
- Add some cayenne pepper or diced jalapeño peppers for an extra kick.
- Store: Keep the steak chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.Freeze: The low carb chili can be frozen in a freezer safe zip top bag or freezer safe airtight container for up to 3 months.Meal prep: Divide the steak chili evenly between 6 meal prep containers with tight fitting lids. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Microwave according to the meal prep containers instructions.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 362 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 7g
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.