Go green with our kale pesto and chicken gnocchi, full of nutritious ingredients. A balanced, easy dish, it’s ideal for busy days and takes just 20 minutes
- 65g kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 100g spinach
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ small bunch of basil, plus extra leaves to serve
- 15g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 25ml olive oil
- 250g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 200g frozen peas
- 50g light crème fraiche
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 300g gnocchi
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and set aside a bowl of ice-cold water. Put the kale and spinach in the boiling water and cook for 2-3 mins until softened. Remove with a slotted spoon and lower into the cold water. Drain, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Tip the greens into a food processor with the garlic, lemon juice and zest, basil, pine nuts, parmesan and olive oil, then blitz until smooth. Season lightly.
- Tip the pesto into a saucepan with the chicken, peas, crème fraîche and stock, and bring to the boil. Tip in the gnocchi and cook for 3-4 mins until cooked through. Scatter over the extra basil leaves and grate over some parmesan to serve.