You’ll love making this recipe for crispy skin oven baked chicken drumsticks because it’s super easy and to make, and yes, we did mention crispy skin. The homemade coating mixture is made completely from scratch with nothing but 100% keto-friendly ingredients, and to make it even healthier, everything is baked in the oven instead of deep-fried–truly a keto dieter’s dream!
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time:40 minutes
- Total Time:45 minutes
- Yield:6 1x
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- fresh coriander or parsley for decoration
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 425℉.
- Prepare the seasoning mixture. Add your choice of either grapeseed oil or avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Coat the chicken. Add the chicken drumsticks and toss to coat.
- Bake. Arrange the chicken drumsticks on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with either fresh coriander or parsley for decoration.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size:1
Quick Tips for Baking Chicken Drumsticks in the Oven
Here are a couple of handy tips to keep in mind when baking chicken drumsticks in the oven:
- Internal temperature matters. Many people recommend cooking chicken drumsticks to an internal temperature of 165℉, but I actually find that I get better results when I cook them for a little bit longer. I usually try to aim for an internal temperature of 185℉ when I make drumsticks in the oven for best results.
- Coat evenly. Make sure that when you’re coating your drumsticks that you’re applying an even amount; this will ensure that you end up with a perfectly crispy skin after frying.
Leave a Reply