This super easy steak tips recipe brings sirloin steak to life. I will show you my tips for how to cook steak tips perfectly every time. You will be making this recipe for your family over and over again!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2-3 Pounds Top Sirloin steak, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Place the steak bites in a large bowl and mix in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Avocado oil
- When the oil just starts to smoke, add ⅓ to half of the steak bites, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- let cook on the first side until a brown crust appears, about 3 minutes. Flip the steak tips and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from the pan and continue with the rest of the steak bites.
- Let the cooked steak bites rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- What is the best steak for steak tips?
I like to use 2-3 pounds of whole sirloin steaks and cut them into 1 to 1.5 inch chunks. I wouldn’t use anything cheaper as your steak tips will be tough. More expensive cuts of steak would be good, like a ribeye or filet…but I’m not sure I would turn that beautiful meat into steak tips.
- Can these be made in an air fryer?
Yes! To make these steak tips in an air fryer: Cut and marinade the steak just as we did above. Pre-heat your air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes. Add the steak to the basket and cook for 4-6 minutes depending on how done you like your steak.
- Don’t over crowd your pan while cooking. This will result in steamed steak instead of giving you steak with a nice brown crust. Brown food tastes good!
- Letting the steak tips marinade for at least 15 minutes not only ads to the flavor, it ads to the tenderness!
- Make sure you pan is nice and hot before adding the avocado oil.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 312 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 12g
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.