- 2 pounds chuck roast, cubed with fat trimmed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups turnip, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil, then add your cubed beef. Sear all sides until nicely browned. Remove from pot.
- Add onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until soft. Then add tomato paste and spices (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme). Stir to form a well-combined sauce.
- Add the beef back in, then the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and turn heat down to low. Allow this to simmer 1.5-2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add in carrots and turnips, then let simmer for 30 minutes longer (or until vegetables are tender enough for your liking). If you prefer a thicker soup, you can allow the soup to simmer longer without a lid.
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE