This Keto Cottage Pie is a delicious and healthy alternative to the classic version, perfect for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. The dish consists of a base made with ground beef, onions, celery, and green beans, flavored with garlic, oregano, tomato paste, beef stock, red wine vinegar, and fresh thyme leaves. The topping is a creamy mashed cauliflower, flavored with butter, salt, pepper, egg yolks, paprika, and dried oregano. The result is a satisfying and flavorful meal that is sure to become a family favorite. It’s easy to make and perfect for a cozy dinner at home. Give it a try and enjoy!
Our Keto Cottage Pie is a comforting all-in-one dish, topped with buttery cauliflower mash. It is even better reheated for lunch the next day.
Course: Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine: American, Australian, British Cook Time: 55 mins Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 10 serves Calories: 420kcal
- Stick Blender
- Casserole Dish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 small Onion diced
- 3 sticks celery diced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 10 ounces green beans cut into 1in lengths
- 1.6 pounds Cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 ounces Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Egg Yolks
- pinch Paprika
- pinch dried oregano
- Place a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, oregano, onion and celery and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is starting to become translucent.
- Add the salt and ground beef, stirring continuously to break apart the meat while it browns.
- When the beef is browned add the tomato paste and stir well.
- Add the beef stock and red wine vinegar and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
- Add the thyme and green beans and simmer for 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Spoon the beef mixture into your casserole dish and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 7-10 minutes until tender.
- Carefully pour the water and cauliflower into a colander and drain well.
- Return the drained cauliflower to the saucepan, along with the butter, salt and pepper.
- Using your stick blender, blend the cauliflower into a smooth mash.
- Add the egg yolks and blend well.
- Gently spoon the mashed cauliflower onto the beef mixture in your casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and oregano.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the mash is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or chill and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Serving: 210g | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 606mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 56.9mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3.1mg
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Leave a Reply