This recipe for a classic beef lasagna is a family favorite that is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves Italian food. Made with layers of lasagna noodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, and a creamy cheese mixture, this lasagna is hearty, comforting, and delicious. It is perfect for feeding a crowd, and leftovers can be frozen for later.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned and onion is softened.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet and add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and water. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and mix with ricotta cheese.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of meat sauce, then a layer of cooked lasagna noodles, and then a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of meat sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe makes 12 servings. The nutritional information per serving is:
- Calories: 414
- Total fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 863mg
- Total carbohydrates: 27g
- Dietary fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 27g
This classic beef lasagna can be served as a main course with a side salad or garlic bread. It is also great for feeding a crowd at a potluck or family gathering. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply place the lasagna in a preheated oven at 375°F for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE