- For the zoodles:
- 3-4 Large zucchinis * Read notes!
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- For the lasagna:
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin oil
- 1 lb Ground 99% fat-free Turkey
- 1 Cup Onion diced (1 small onion)
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Fresh garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp +1 tsb taco seasonning always make my own using the recipe linked!
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Salsa of choice
- 1 15 oz Container of light or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped + additional for garnish
- 8 oz Light Mexican blend cheese grated (about 2 cups, firmly packed)
- 1 Large red pepper chopped
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick,
- Lay them out flat onto 2 cookie sheets and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp salt (it’s okay if some zoodles overlap on the pan)
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes, until just lightly beginning to brown, to get all the moisture out.
- While the zoodles cook, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat in the large pan. Add in the ground turkey, diced onion, diced garlic, taco seasoning, and a pinch of pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and the turkey is browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the zoodles are cooked, transfer them to a long piece of paper towel, cover with another piece of paper towel, and gently press out as much excess moisture as you can. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tomato sauce and salsa.
- In a separate, medium bowl, use a fork to beat together the ricotta cheese, egg and another pinch of pepper.
- Set aside.
- Now it’s time to assemble:
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start by pouring half the sauce mixture on the bottom, spreading out evenly, followed by half the turkey. Layer half the zucchini noodles in a single layer, lightly overlapping them, followed by half the ricotta mixture. Gently spread out the ricotta to “seal in” in the zoodles.
- Sprinkle half the cilantro over and then finish with half the grated Mexican blend cheese.
- Repeat the layers once more, except add the chopped pepper on top of the last layer of Mexican blend.
- Turn the oven up to 375 and cover the lasagna with tin foil.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler up to HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbly!
- Garnish with extra cilantro (if desired) and DEVOUR
- You only NEED 3 zucchinis for the recipe, but I always like to use 4 so that I have some extra if some zucchinis break or stick to the pan. This can be made a day ahead, covered, and left in the fridge. It also makes great leftovers! The leftovers keep very well in the freezer.