Friends, this is THE cake you have to learn to make if you want to convince people that keto desserts are just as good if not better than regular desserts.
Keto Ding Dong Cake
Keto Chocolate Cake filled with Stabilized Whipped Cream, Topped with Chocolate GanachePrep Time20 minsCook Time 35 mins Course: Keto Dessert Cuisine: American Bars Servings: 16 servings Calories: 414kcal
- 336 grams blanched almond flour 3 1/2 cups
- 45 grams coconut flour 3 tablespoons
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/3 cup Granulated Swerve powdered erythritol
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
Stabilized Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Choc Zero Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare two 9 inch pans with parchment paper and baking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, except for Swerve (powdered erythritol). Set Aside
- Mix together oil and Swerve. Add eggs one at a time. Incorporporate well.
- Add sour cream, mix well.
- Add coffee.
- Add all dry mix and mix just until mixed together.
- Pour evenly into baking pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until center is 210 degrees F.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. for convection oven or 350 on bake mode.
- Check at 25 minutes and if edges seem done, place foil loosely over cakes and continue baking until center is done.
Stabilized Whipped Cream
- Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature. Place in mixing bowl and beat until smooth, adding in Swerve’s confection. Once incorporated, add heavy cream and whip until you have whipped cream nearly stiff. It should be at such a consistency that you can pipe it. You can make ahead and place in refrigerator while cake is baking.
- Put all ingredients in bain marie over low heat until chocolate is melted. A bain marie means to place in stainless bowl over simmering water that is placed in a sauce pan. This prevents scorching.
- Cool cakes completely before assembly.
- Even out the layers with serrated knife. Put rounded cake on bottom. Place second layer with rounded layer facing up.
- Pipe the whipped cream over the first layer. Top with second layer.
- If ganache has gotten too solid you can reheat. You want it in a pourable form.
- Pour over the cake. Allow to set. Do not touch, once poured.
- Keep in refrigerator. Ganache will thicken like a soft fudge. ENJOY!
Serving: 1of 16 | Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g